On this page:
- First and most important tip:
Buy screen protectors for your lenses!
As the lenses do not have any coating to prevent scratches you will, even with a clean cleaning cloth, scratch your lenses.
So just buy these cheap 40mm savvies via Ebay for instance.
- If your IPD if wider than 63,5mm or smaller than 63,5mm be sure to check out the adjusters that VR-Gear sells (be sure to use the software “hack”!!!).
- Another tip is maybe not for everyone, but if you feel your nose is uncomfortable in the Rift, just fold a cleaning cloth and put in the holder where your nose would be.
- If you will switch lenses often, or want more cleaning tools than just the cleaning cloth, consider buying a lens cleaning package like this one.
- Because many demo’s need special startup parameters I strongly suggest to use VR Game Manager from Bilago, which contrary to what the title suggests is for all your Rift demo’s/apps/games.
Use that tool to easily start your demo full screen, setting the Rift as your primary monitor etc. This will save you tons of time!
- If you are having problems with your DK2 be sure to check out this DK2 Troubleshoot List to try and find a solution.
- If you somehow can’t use your A lenses anymore you can buy adjusters that will make your B lenses the same as the A lenses. Buy them here.
- Find a lot of information about the Oculus and the DK2 on Reddit.
- For some games (at least Elite:Dangerous) this trick seem to help a lot against judder/stutter if you have a i5 or i7 CPU! Park CPU cores!
- Don’t Let Go
- Helix and Lava Inc (roller coasters)
- Sightline: The Chair
- Titans of Space (space museum)
- Riftmax (VR Theater, watch your 3D movies in here)
- LiveViewRift (be sure to open this link in LVR: Mountain View: lvrid://c59e7e )
- Radial-G (game)
- Senza Peso (though this needs a very very powerful pc)
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Elite: Dangerous (Beta 2.0 will go live 30 September)
- Live For Speed
Not yet live but sounds quite interesting is AltspaceVR.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 check out this topic
- Elite: Dangerous check out this topic
- Elite: Dangerous: this trick seems to help a lot against judder/stutter if you have a i5 or i7 CPU! Park CPU cores!